We are thrilled to be participating in Book Bloggers Appreciation Week, the brainchild of Amy at My Friend Amy's blog. It's a great chance for readers and bloggers to celebrate what we share in common: a love of books.
The celebration begins next week, but some things are already underway. Start your pre-event tour at these stops:
* Go to My Friend Amy to see the finalists for the "Best of" blogs. The voting has closed, but within each category you'll find links to blogs. Explore, you're bound to find a new one. If you think there needs to be other categories, now is the time to speak up.
* See Jennifer's contest for blog readers at The Literate Housewife Review. Send in your 200-word response to "I read book blogs because ..." to be entered to win one of three prizes (first, second, third).
- The first place winner will receive a signed copy of the new paperback edition of Matrimony and a book grab bag containing 6 books!
- The second place winner will receive a book grab bag containing 4 books!
- The third place winner will receive a book grab bag containing 3 books!
- Entries must be received by the end of the day, Saturday, 13 September. Oh, and did I mention that Joshua Henkin, author of Matrimony, will read all the submissions?
UPDATE: Visit John Mutford and Bookmineset for The Great Wednesday Compare: Clive Parker v. John Grisham. In honor of BBAW, next week, a BBAW participant will get to pick the individual to go up against either Grisham or Parker next week. Be sure to come back, 'cuz I've got a great interview with John for BBAW.
As more information comes in between now and Friday, I'll update this post.